Thursday, October 25, 2012

Supplementation Part 1

Supplements play a major role in the bodybuilding community not only in the gym but on message boards everywhere. Supplements are just that, a supplement to your daily eating habits. For example, it would be very hard to eat 5 grams of creatine a day (a good serving size) in your average person's diet. It would take something like a kilogram of beef to get 2 grams of naturally occurring creatine; no one jams that much food in their mouth.

This takes me to a question I am often asked, "Is creatine safe?". I can tell you this much, I take 5 grams of Kre-Akalyn (a micronized monohydrate) every single day. This dosage has not resulted in any unfavorable side effects. Creatine is a necessity in gaining quality, natural muscle  My case is a special one however, I take creatine to be competitive in the bodybuilding circuit. I would strongly suggest speaking to your doctor before starting a creatine regimen.

Another common question is, "What kind of creatine is best?". I have only tried monohydrate and micronized. This question I cannot answer with absolute certainty but I can recommend heading over to Bodybuilding.com and reading their in-depth supplement reviews.

Look out for a pre workout post coming up!


Thanks for reading and lift strong!

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment