Friday, August 3, 2012

A little background info

  Hello Internets! I'm Jay Silverstein, a 15 year old with a strong passion for health and fitness. A few years ago I reached a point in my life where I just had to find a hobby to get away from the stress of daily teen life. That outlet turned out to be lifting weights. I fell in love with it from the first time I picked up a dumbbell. Since age 13 I've been lifting weights regularly and once I was about 14 I decided to start competing. With the help of some very talented trainers (thanks Abe and Dwayne) I became very muscular and lean. Besides the obvious benefits of being fit (getting girls etc.) I am very healthy, especially for someone my age. On June 27th 2012, I won 1st place in the NGA Southern State Championship teen division and 3rd place overall.

  The show was one of the best experiences of my life. I met some very interesting characters including a NASA engineer and this crazy old dude who wins every contest he enters just by showing up! The dude is literally the only guy old enough to be in the "Great" Grand Master's class. I got spray tanned, oiled up, and went out on stage. Going up there in a little blue posing trunk was a real test of my manhood. If you compete I promise you nothing will embarrass you after a posing routine. After the show some friends of mine, my trainers, and my family went to this local Italian place and pigged out hardcore. If you're into bodybuilding you know how great it is to eat well after dieting down for so long.

  Now I'm training for a show on November 10th to obtain my pro card and become the youngest pro bodybuilder EVER! But, I digress, this blog is not all about me. It's about my (hopefully large) group of followers that subscribe. I'll post workouts, diets, and answer any questions asked. Maybe some YouTube videos will be posted in the future? You never know.

  I've got other interests too. I love art. I draw, paint, and sculpt all the time. I read the Song of Fire and Ice series avidly. I'm a hardcore gamer who mostly plays Diablo 3, Civ 5, and a little Skyrim. I'm well versed in the classics as well (NES, SNES, Genesis, you name it). I also take school very seriously. I'm proud to admit I'm an all around Nerd. I wear that title with pride just as I wear the title of Bodybuilder.

  This blog is the start of something new for me and I hope to help out anyone who seeks it.


1 comment:

  1. very interesting page. I have subscribed and hope to benefit from your expertise in the realm of weight lifting.

    ReplyDelete