Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Update 2 (with new video)

  Happy Sunday! I hope your weekend has been fun! I haven't really done much but I have started the second book in my new favorite series, A Song of Storms. If any of you are into Game of Thrones on HBO you'll know that Clash of Kings (the second book) comprises season two. I gave the show a shot but I much prefer the books. Any history nerd out there should pick up a copy af A Game of Thrones (the first book) and give it a read. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9d5_3VFB_o&feature=plcp
^new video!

  The nutrition topic I'd like to discuss this week is the counting of your macro nutrients. This is the basis of all things bodybuilding as well as keeping your basic health optimal. Macronutrients are nutrients that provide calories or energy. Nutrients are substances needed for growth, metabolism, and for other body functions. Since “macro” means large, macronutrients are nutrients needed in large amounts. There are three macronutrients: Carbohydrates, Proteins, and Fats. Keeping track of the amount of these macronutrients and from what sources you get them is of paramount importance. For example, I get my proteins from lean meats and protein shakes, my carbs from oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice, and Ezekiel bread, and my fats from the lean meats as well. Bodybuilding.com has a great calculator to determine your daily macro values http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutrients_calculator.htm


  Have a great weekend everyone! Email me at jaysilver26@gmail.com if you've got any questions.


Thank you and lift strong,

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment